Healthy Living: Carle Mobile Health Unit
In the past several years, Carle’s approach to accessing healthcare has expanded. Their new Mobile Health Clinic is another avenue to ensuring that care is an option for every member of the Champaign-Urbana community. Jonathan Woods, RN, executive director, Community Health Initiatives, is here to talk about who will benefit from this new approach.
So first of all, tell us where we will be seeing this clinic?
* Neighborhoods through C-U that have difficulty reaching a brick and mortar location
* With community partners, we’ve identified neighborhoods with the most critical healthcare needs * Find the mobile clinic schedule at carle.org/mobilehealthclinic
Who can you see?
* Infants through adults
* Expertise for the whole family including Obstetrics/Gynecology
* All visits, outside of Obstetrics/Gynecology (OB/GYN), are available upon arrival
* Care is based on medical priority
What services are provided?
* Treatment of minor illnesses like you would see at primary care or convenient care
* Basic wellness care and assessments
* School/preschool physicals and immunizations
* Basic lab testing
What’s unique about this clinic and your approach?
* A dedicated team of physicians, providers and social workers on staff
* Access to Electronic Medical Records for Carle patients and ability for partnering providers to access records via a portal
* Addressing the root cause of health concerns through chronic condition screening and education
* Connection to supportive services in the community
* Encourage connection with primary care throughout the community not just Carle providers
How are you ensuring care is accessible to all?
* Wheelchair accessible
* Translation services
* Patients who qualify can enroll in Carle’ s robust financial assistance programs
Can you show me a few highlights of the facility?
* Great use of space for registration, specimen collection, getting vital signs and getting an exam
* Two exam rooms
Where can you learn more?
Carle Mobile Health Clinic carle.org/mobilehealthclinic
To schedule an OB/GYN appointment, call 217-383-3200