Silver Stars Fitness: Incorporate These 5 Super Foods for Better Health!
Posted on February 14, 2018 at 11:07 am by West Sider
Nutrition is not only 80% of accomplishing a fat loss goal, but helps maintain and improve overall health and fitness.
Other than genetics, nutrition can either increase your quality of life or make you more prone to disease, sickness, tiredness, and poor performance in life and in the gym. It’s really true when they say “you are what you eat” or eating bad food is comparable to putting bad quality gas in to your car. In the fitness world you always hear “you can’t out-train a bad diet.” This is so true whatever your goal might be.
Take a look at the list below for some foods that should be in included in your diet.
1. Almonds- Great snack substitute for chips, pretzels, candy, cookies. Almonds are a good source of potassium and like other nuts are low in saturated fat and high in unsaturated fat.
2. Blueberries- Should always include when eating fruit. Blueberries are an antioxidant that helps fight disease and also a great source of vitamin K Research has shown blueberries can help prevent osteoporosis and hardening of the arteries.
3. Broccoli- Broccoli is a classic good-for-you vegetable. No convincing anyone on this super food.
4. Kidney Beans- Rich in fiber, iron and protein, they can be a key ingredient to a meatless meal.
5. Salmon- The classic example of fish with heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acids, salmon can be broiled, baked or grilled to make a main dish.
At Silver Stars, in addition to coaching and educating our clients on proper exercise programming, we also discuss proper eating habits. Proper exercise and healthy nutrition really go hand and hand. Regardless of your goal, in order to perform your best sound nutrition is key.
Think of eating foods that are low in sugar, saturated fat and salt and complement that with three days of cardiovascular exercise and two days a week of strength training and your on your way to slowing down the aging process.
Class schedule is as follows:
Monday: 30 minute circuit 6:30pm
Monday: Balance & Fall Prevention @1230
Tuesday: Yoga @1030am
Tuesday: 30 Minute Circuit @12pm
Wednesday: 30 Minute Circuit training 1030am
Thursday: 30 Minute Circuit Training 10:00am
Friday: 30 Minute Circuit training 12:30
Sunday: Yoga @12pm
Silver Stars Fitness main location
850 7th Avenue (West 54/55 st)
Silver Stars Fitness is the premiere fitness company that specializes in working with men and women over the age of 50. Silver Stars is the opposite of your large “big box” commercial fitness club. Personalized attention, passion, and a goal-oriented mindset is what you get when you experience a Silver Stars program.
Some of our services are personal training, Yoga, Tai Chi, Massage and Thai massage, stretching and small group classes such as balance and fall prevention, 30 minute circuit classes and yoga. All clients receive a home program and access to their instructor throughout the week to answer any questions or just for accountability.
If you want help to accomplish your specific goal, Call to schedule your free consultation, which has been said to be one of the most comprehensive and valuable fitness consultations in the industry.
Ask about our cost savings no commitment month to month memberships or our annual memberships. Membership perks include free classes and lectures, massage, etc…
In-home training training also available.
RSVP for our open house this Wednesday, Feb 14th or next Wednesday and we will honor Valentine’s Day and give you 20% off and if you sign-up with your friend or spouse, receive 25% off your initial purchase or first month of membership.