Snacks for Weight Loss
Kathy Rushin lost 100 pounds using the Sorbera Weight Loss System! Today, she’s sharing some heart healthy snacks to help you with your weight loss goals!
Spicy (Hot) Mixed Nuts
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups raw nuts (i.e., almonds, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, Brazil nuts, etc.)
1 tsp Stevia
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp kosher salt (if desired)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
1. Preheat oven to 250 deg. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In medium-sized bowl, toss oil and nuts until well coated.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to coat evenly.
4. Transfer the nuts to the prepared pan and arrange in a single layer.
5. Bake until lightly browned, stirring occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, immediately loosen the nuts with a spatula; set aside to cool before serving.
Spicy (Sweet) Walnuts
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp water
3 cups walnut halves
1/4 cup Stevia (or less according to taste)
1/2 tsp kosher salt (if desired)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 300 deg. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites with the water. Stir in the walnuts, mixing until well moistened. Set aside.
3. In another small bowl, mix together Stevia, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over the moistened nuts; stir lightly. Spread nuts on prepared pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes; stir frequently (every 8-10 minutes) with a spatula. Be careful not to overcook; they burn quickly.
5. Remove from oven and loosen walnuts immediately with a spatula; they cool very quickly and will stick together. Set aside to cool before serving.